Recipe by: Tatyana Kildisheva
Source: Family Recipe
Can be served warm or cold
- 1 Big dark purple eggplant (about 400 – 500g)
- 1 Large yellow onion (the largest you can find)
- 1 Large green bell pepper, seeds removed
- 1 Large red or yellow bell pepper, seeds removed
- 3 Large carrots
- 4 Garlic cloves peeled
- 4-5 tbsp. of olive oil
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
Cumin for a middle eastern feel or chilli sauce to spice it up, Cilantro (green coriander) to garnish.
- Cut eggplant into round slices and sprinkle with salt and immerse into water for 30-45 mins to remove its bitterness.
- Chop all the vegetables into however you prefer small cubes and stir fry them in the frying pan with olive oil on high heat until brown, add salt and pepper.
- After vegetables browned, reduce the heat, continue stir frying with the closed lid until all vegetables are completely cooked through and are mushy, approximately 30 mins.
- Once everything is cooked through, open the lid and let it cool for a bit until warm, not hot.
- Throw everything into a blender and whip until it’s homogenous. Add a bit of water if the mixture is not “liquidy” enough to be whipped.
- Serve with chopped cilantro (green coriander) cold or warm, However you like with chips or crackers.
Download PDF version here: russian-vegetable-dip-tatyana-kildisheva