Recipe by: Tatyana Kildisheva
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ cups wheat flour all purpose
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. liqueur (vodka, whiskey, brandy)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. powder sugar for garnish
- 2-3 cups coconut oil (approximate) for frying.
Depends on how high your frying pan is, needs to be about 3 cm. deep of oil for frying
- Beat together eggs, sugar, salt, sour cream, vanilla and liqueur for 2-3 mins.
- Mix in flour by small portions using a spoon first then hands. Knead the dough a bit, make it in a ball. Dough consistency should be the same as for crackers. Cover with a towel and leave for about
- Sprinkle a bit of flour on a countertop.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin working from the center out. Try to make a rectangle shape roughly 2 mm. thick or thinner.
- Cut the rolled out dough into rectangular strips approximately 8×3 cm. Make a 3 cm long cut
in the middle of the each strip and loop it through.
- Prepare a deep pan for frying on the stove, pour in coconut oil and bring it to a temperature good
for deep frying.
- Place dough strips into the oil and take them out when they brown with metal thongs.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve on a plate while hot. As an alternative use honey or jam
as a dip for fritters.
Download PDF version here: russian-fritters-tatyana-kildisheva