Recipe by: Meesha Mausoof
Source: Family recipe
- 500g eggplant (yields 1 cup boiled eggplant)
- 2 cups yogurt
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 1 ½ tbsp mint leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp cumin (whole or slightly ground)
- Peel the eggplant and cut it into small pieces.
- Boil it in 1 cup water until they become tender and the water in the pot has dried.
- Crush the eggplant with a fork until it has a paste like consistency.
- In another bowl, whisk the yogurt with water until smooth.
- Add spices, chopped onion, green chili and mint. Mix it well and then mix in the eggplant.
- Let it cool in the fridge before serving.
Download PDF version here: pakistani-eggplant-raita-meesha-mausoof