Recipe by: Meesha Mausoof
Serves: 4 – 5
Source: Family recipe
- ½ cup uncooked Moong lentils/Daal Moong (should equal to 2 cups cooked moong dal)
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Boil lentils with two glass of water and with all ingredients except garlic. Cook it for about ½ hour until it become tender and look like a thick soup.
- In a separate frying pan, add garlic in hot oil and stir fry for 30 seconds. Then add it to the lentils and mix.
- Let the lentils cool for at least one hour.
Ingredients for the Dough
- 3 cups chakki atta
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Mix all above ingredients together add 2 cups cooked dal.
- Knead the dough by hand or food processor adding water until the dough is smooth texture.
- Make medium size dough balls and keep aside.
- Rub your hands with a little oil and roll the dough into a round pizza shape. Then use a round cookie cutter (about 4 inches in diameter) and cut as many circles as you can, taking care to reuse the leftover dough.
- Heat 4 to 5 cups oil in a deep fryer or wok and fry kachoris 3 or 4 at a time until they are golden brown.
Download PDF version here: pakistani-dal-kachori-meesha-mausoof