Recipe by: Meesha Mausoof
Source: Family Recipe
- 6-7 large sized potatoes
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 6 whole dry red chillies
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp nigella sativa/Kalonji
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds/Rai seeds 2 tsp fennel seeds/Saunf
- 1 tomato, chopped finely
- 3 green chillies, slit sideways
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Cut potatoes in small cubes about an inch long. Add potatoes, chopped tomatoes and all spices in a deep pot with 4-5 glasses of water (or just enough water to cover the potatoes) and bring to boil.
- Turn heat down to a simmer and cover with a lid.
- When potatoes are soft, mash some of the potatoes using a wooden spatula pressed against the side of the pot, leaving some pieces whole. The mashed potatoes will help to thicken the dish.
- Taste and season with more salt if necessary. Add green chillies , coriander and mint, stir well and serve hot.
Download PDF version here: pakistani-aloo-sabzi-meesha-mausoof