Recipe by: Catia Camillini
Source: Family recipe
Ingredients for Mascarpone Cheese Cream Classic (Basic Recipe)
- 500gr Mascarpone Cheese
- 5 pasteurized Eggs – separated yolks and whites
- 200gr Sugar with fine grains
- a pinch of Salt
Instructions for Catia’s Mascarpone Cheese Cream Classic Basic Recipe
- Separate the yolks from the whites of the pasteurized eggs, placing them in two different big bowls. Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and set aside.
- Add the sugar to the yolks and work them together with a mixer until they are a nice, whitish foam.
- Then take the Mascarpone Cheese still in its original plastic bowl and soften it a bit with a spatula.
- Lightly add it to the main bowl of the egg and sugar cream and mix them together with the mixer, but without overdue it. Place it in the fridge for few minutes to rest and set.
- Mount the whites in a solid foam helping yourself with a clean mixer.
- Add this foam to the Mascarpone Cheese Cream taken from the fridge with a light rotatory movement.
- Let it rest in the fridge for about 15 minutes before using it.
Ingredients for Mascarpone Cheese & Chocolate
- 500gr of Cheese Cream Classic Basic Recipe (See above recipe)
- about 50gr Dark Chocolate in one block or Dark Toblerone Chocolate
Instructions for Catia’s Mascarpone Cheese & Chocolate
- Decide if you prefer having Catia’s Mascarpone Cheese & Chocolate in a flat Pyrex bowl with high borders or mini single portions bowls, and have them ready on your table.
- Chop the block of dark chocolate or the Toblerone into small pieces and place them in a bowl inside the fridge, so they do not melt.
- Pour a layer of “Catia’s Mascarpone Cheese Cream Classic Basic Recipe” in the Pirex, or helping yourself with a sac à poche pour a layer of the same in each mini portion bowl.
- Spread the top of this layer with some of the dark chocolate pieces
- Pour another layer of the same Mascarpone and then again the chocolate pieces until the Pirex or mini single portion bowls are almost full.
- The last layer must be the dark chocolate pieces.
- Cling film the Pirex bowl or mini single portion bowls and let them rest in the fridge overnight (if possible) or at least three hour before serving.
Download PDF version here: italian-mascarpone-cheese-chocolate-catia-camillini