Recipe by: Catia Camillini
Source: Family Recipe
- 1 red Capsicum
- 1 yellow Capsicum
- Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber
- Basil leaves
- Black Olives
- Quail Eggs
- 2 Anchovies
- ½ Lemon
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Instructions for Catia’s Salad Nizzarda
- Cook the Quail eggs in slightly salty hot water for 4-5 minutes, then cool them down with cold water
- Open their shells breaking each one by biting it all around with a knife and then carefully removing the shell pieces away from the egg. Set the eggs aside in a bowl.
- Wash carefully all the fresh vegetables and leaves.
- Slice the salads.
- Thinly slice the capsicums.
- Thinly slice the cucumber cutting away eventual seeds.
- Thinly slice the radishes.
- Cut into half or quarters the cherry tomatoes.
- Place all the sliced and cut veggies into a large bowl.
- Work together the filtered lemon juice with the anchovies and reduce them into a thick sauce.
- Add in it a bit of salt and pepper, olive oil, mix well.
- Pour the mix into the vegetables and leaves and gently mix all together.
- Add on the top of the salad the eggs previously cut into two parts and serve it.
Download PDF version here: italian-salad-nizzarda-catia-camillini