Recipe by: Catia Camillini
Source: Family Recipe
Serves: 4 – 6
Ingredients for 10/12 crepes small dimension:
- 135g flour
- 3 eggs
- 300g milk
- 20g butter, melted
Ingredients for the Pumpkin :
- 400g pumpkin, thinly sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt& Pepper
Ingredients for the Bechamel sauce:
- 1L of milk
- 100g butter
- 100g plain flour
- 100g blue cheese
- A pinch of salt
For the Crepes:
- In a bowl, put the flour and half of the milk and mix it.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs (omelette style) and add them to the mix of flour and milk.
- Add the melted butter and a pinch of salt . Mix.
- Pour in the remaining milk and mix well. Pass through a sieve to avoid any lump.
- Cover the batter with a plastic and let it rest for 2h in the fridge.
For the Pumpkin:
- Preheat the oven at 180°C
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper and put the thinly sliced pumpkins on it.
- Season with salt, pepper, rosmarin leaves and add a dash of olive oil on it.
- Cook for 20/25 min, until soft.
- Let them cool.
For the Bechamel Sauce:
- Warm up the milk.
- In a big pan, melt the butter. Don’t let it turn brown!
- Add the flour and mix well to avoid lumps. Cook the mix for a few minutes, until slightly gold.
- Add the milk, salt and grated nutmeg.
- Stir the mixture continuously till it boils and thickens. (4-5 min)
- Remove from fire and add the blue cheese in pieces. Mix well
- If you don’t use the sauce immediately, cover it with plastic film to avoid a crust.
Prepare the Crespelle:
- After 2h, cook the crepes.
- Pour a small ladleful of batter on a hot pan.
- Roll the pan in other to distribute the batter on the surface, and let it cook. Turn the crepe in order to cook the other side.
- Once cooked, proceed with the next one.
- Preheat oven 200°C
- Fill each crepe with a bit of béchamel sauce. Spread it in other to cover the surface.
- Add 2-3 pieces of pumpkin and fold it into a triangle
- Place the crepes into a Pyrex and cook them for 10 min
- Sprinkle some parsley and serve warm
Download PDF version here: italian-crescione-spinach-mozzarella-catia-camillini italian-crespelle-alla-zucca-e-gorgonzola-catia-camillini