Recipe by: Hanatou Abou
Source: Hanatou’s Mum
- 1 red onion
- 1 leek
- 1 small red pepper
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of coriander
- 1 Tbsp of paprika
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- A pinch of sugar or 1 tsp of honey
- Canola oil
Ingredients (Basting sauce)
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1/4 tsp of Chili powder or use Chili flakes
Ingredients / Equipment (Other)
- 1 piece of coal ( heated on stove)
- A cube of butter
- 1 small bowl lined with aluminum foil
- Cucumber, sliced – can serve on
- Blend all marinade ingredients
- Add chicken wings to marinade. Refrigerate and let chicken marinate overnight or few hours.
- Remove chicken wings from marinade, place in a large baking tray in a single layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for about an hour.
- When wings are fully cooked, put then in a pan. Pour the basting sauce on them. Mix well.
- In the same pan, put a small bowl lined with aluminum foil. Add a peace of hot coal in the bowl. Then place a cube of butter on TOP of coal. Cover immediately. Let sit for about 10 minutes. The smoke will give the wings a smoky flavor.
For extra flavor, my Mom adds some melted butter to the basting sauce instead
Download PDF version here: Hanatou Abou Niger Chicken Wings