Recipe by: Assia Turner
Source: Family Recipe
Serves: 8 portions
To be served alongside the stuffed peppers (separate recipe)
- 3 thin (Japanese) cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 liter set natural Greek yogurt
- 100 g roasted walnuts – finely crushed (use mortar)
- 1 handful of fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 medium sized garlic cloves, peeled and crushed (use press)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the diced cucumbers in a bowl. Discard any water that may have drained from the cucumbers.
- If the yogurt is not completely set, drain any remaining liquid using a cheese cloth.
- Add the yogurt to the bowl with the cucumbers and mix well.
- Add the crushed walnuts, chopped dill, salt and pepper to the bowl.
- Mix well to combine all ingredients.
- Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving (ideally, overnight).
Download PDF version here: Bulgarian Snezhanka (Yogurt Cucumber Salad) Assia Turner