Recipe by: Preeti Minhas
Source: Family Recipe
- 8 chicken legs
- 1 Tbsp ginger paste
- 1 Tbsp garlic paste
- 2 Tbsp onion paste
- 1 Tbsp fenugreek leaves, bruised
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 Tbsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp raw mustard oil
- 1 cup hung yogurt or Greek yogurt
- Salt to taste
- Gash the chicken and remove the skin. Set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients together to make a marinade.
- Rub this prepared marinade on the chicken.
- Let the marinated chicken sit in the fridge overnight or for a minimum of 4 hrs.
Preheat the oven at 232 C (450 F).
- Take the chicken out of the fridge 30 mins before it goes in to the oven.
- Prepare a roasting pan by lining it with aluminum foil for easy clean up. Spray cooking oil on it before putting the chicken legs. Make sure not to overlap each leg by the other. Spray or baste some oil on them.
- Bring the oven temperature down to 204 C (400 F) before placing the chicken in the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 mins in one side then flip it over to cook the other side for the same amount of time.
- Bring the chicken out of the oven and let it rest for 5 mins.
- Serve it with green chutney or sprinkle with chaat masala (spice blend).
- Squeeze fresh lemon or lime juice on it and serve.
Download PDF here (more photos are in the PDF): IndianTandoori Chicken Preeti Minhas