Recipe by: Winnie Ong
Source: family recipe
vegetarian dish but can also be served with sea scallops
- 1 head of broccoli
- 10-15 dried Chinese mushrooms (soaked for 15 mins in hot water to hydrate and soften)
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 5-7 pieces sea scallops (optional)
- 10 g fatt choy (Chinese black moss), see photo in PDF
- Separate broccoli into bite-sized florets and de-stem Chinese mushrooms.
- Boil the mushrooms and then broccoli in water until just bubbling, then remove immediately and strain, keeping about a cup of liquid.
- Immerse the veggies into cold or ice water to stop cooking (to retain the color).
- Arrange vegetables in a circular ring on a plate.
- Separately, in a frying pan, reheat the vegetable liquid from the previous boil until boiling.
- Add the oyster sauce, soy sauce and white pepper, mixing well.
- Dissolve corn starch in about 2 Tbsp of water.
- Add the cornstarch mixture slowly into the sauce pan, stirring constantly.
- As soon as the sauce thickens, remove from heat and drizzle over the ring of vegetables.
Note: This dish is Chinese and eaten across Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.
Download PDF (more photos are in the PDF): Chinese Singaporean Lucky Mushroom and Brocolli Stirfry Winnie Ong