Recipe by: Preeti Minhas
Source: Family Recipe
- 2 cans evaporated milk (385 g each)
- 2 cups milk
- 25 strands of saffron
- 2 Tbsp cream
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp corn flour
- 2 Tbsp chopped pistachios
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, put the evaporated milk, (leave 3 tbsp in a bowl to be used for mixing the corn flour later). Bring it to a boil on medium flame and add the cream to it. Make sure to keep stirring and scraping the sides continuously so that the milk does not stick to the bottom and sides of the pan. This process will take about 40 -50 mins.
- Take 4 Tbsp of the condensed milk in a bowl and soak the saffron for a few mins. Add the milk and the one with the saffron to the boiling mix . Afterwards, add the sugar, cardamom powder and chopped pistachios. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl take mix corn flour with 3 tbsp cold milk and add it to the boiling mixture. Cook this for another 10 mins.
- Cover the pan and let it cool down. Once it is at room temperature , put this in a container and freeze for at least 8 hrs. Once frozen, you can take it out of the container and slice into small pieces.
- Garnish with fresh chopped pistachio (falooda and roohafza , optional) then serve.
NOTE: This can be kept in the freezer for 2 weeks.
Download PDF here (more photos are in the PDF): Indian Kesar Pista Kulfi Preeti Minhas