Recipe by: Meesha Mausoof
Source: Family recipe
- 1 kg prawns, peeled and without tail
- 6 – 8 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 6 – 8 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, julienned
- 1 tsp freshly grounded cumin seeds *
- 1 tsp freshly grounded coriander seeds *
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp red chilli flakes
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 – 4 green chillies, sliced lengthways
- Heat a wok/large frying pan and add some oil. Add sliced garlic and julienned ginger and fry for 10 seconds.
- Add the prawns and fry until the prawns turn a peach colour. Then remove the prawns and set aside.
- Add tomatoes into the same pan and fry for 10 seconds. Add the spices (freshly ground coriander seeds, freshly ground cumin, garam masala, red chilli flakes) and cook until the tomatoes have softened. Use the spatula to gently mash/break apart the tomatoes while they cook.
- Return the prawns back to the pan and cook until the oil separates and you are left with a thicker gravy.
- Sprinkle fresh coriander and green chillies, to garnish. Serve with hot naan or rice
Download PDF version here: Pakistani Prawn Karahi Meesha Mausoof