Recipe by: Meesha Mausoof
Source: Family Recipe
- 1 ½ cup Basmati rice, rinsed and soaked for about 30 mins
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 6 – 8 cloves
- 8 – 10 black peppercorns
- ½ inch cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- In a large saucepan, add ¼ cup oil and add cloves, black peppercorns and cinnamon stick and fry until it is fragrant. Add onions to the oil and fry on medium-low heat until lightly brown and add the ginger and garlic pastes.
- Add salt, cumin seeds and green peas. Then add 2 – 4 cups of water and leave to boil. You’ll need to add just enough water so that when you add the rice, the water is just about ½ inch above the rice. Let the rice come to a boil until the rice is soft and most of the water has evaporated. Then cover and let it steam on low heat for about 5 – 10 mins.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Fluff the rice and serve hot.
Download PDF version here: Pakistani Muttar Pulao Meesha Mausoof