Recipe by: Alexandra Muquet
Source: A Recreated Japanese Recipe by Alexandra Muquet
- 4 salmon pieces, ~125-200 g
- ½ to 2/3 cup of soya sauce
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger cut in slivers
- 2 Tbsp Mirin (Japanese rice wine) or can substitute with sherry cooking wine
- Mix all the ingredients together, except for the salmon for the sauce. Adjust the taste with more or less sugar. It should not be too sweet.
- Place the salmon pieces in a saucepan and pour the sauce over the salmon.
- Cover and cook until the sauce boils then reduce the heat. Simmer a bit longer if needed, until the salmon is cooked. It should not be overcooked (5-6 min, depending on the thickness of the salmon pieces).
- Serve salmon with the sauce, on rice or any sides you prefer.
Download PDF here (more photos are in the PDF): Japanese Salmon Teriyaki Alexandra Muquet