Recipe by: Rishta Khaitan
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 poblano chiles, charred, peeled, stemmed, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (1-pound) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 177 C (350 F).
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese and roasted poblanos until well incorporated.
- Season the filling with salt and pepper.
- Unfold 1 sheet puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Using a floured rolling pin, roll out to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Using a 5-inch diameter cutter, cut out 4 circles. Repeat with the remaining puff pastry sheet.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp cream cheese mixture in the center of each round. Brush the edge of each circle with egg wash and fold each empanada into a half moon. Crimp the edges with a fork.
- Transfer the empanadas to the prepared baking sheet and brush them with the remaining egg wash.
- Bake until golden brown, about 30 mins.
- Serve warm.
Download PDF here (more photos are in the PDF): Mexican Poblano Cream Cheese Empanadas Rishta Kaitan