Recipe by: Aastha Mayank Raheja
Source: Family Recipe
- 2 cups poha
- 1 potato, peeled
- ¼ cup green peas
- 1 cup carrot, finely chopped
- ¼ cup baby corn, finely chopped
- 2 tsp peanuts
- raisins, as desired
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 6-7 curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- ½ Tbsp turmeric powder
- 2-3 green chillies, slit into half
- 1/2 cup sev (bhujia)
- 1-2 lemons , cut into half
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 2 – 3 Tbsp of oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2-3 tsp chopped green coriander
- Pour oil in a non-stick pan and place it on the lit stove. Once the oil heats up add cumin seeds (Jeera), mustard seeds (Rai), and curry leaves (kadi patta).
- Add the veggies such as potato, peas, carrot, baby corn, onion and fry a bitThen, add peanuts and raisins.
- Meanwhile, wash the poha (flattened rice) and filter it with a sieve (chalni). Wash poha under running water and do not soak it. Set aside.
- Once the potato is cooked add salt , turmeric powder and green chillies.
- Mix everything well for 1 to 2 minutes and then switch off the gas.
- Add poha to this mixture; squeeze lemon and sugar.
- Sprinkle some sev (aalo bhujia) and chopped green coriander on top of the poha.
- Serve with lemons on the side.
Download PDF here (more photos are in the PDF): Indian Poha (Flattened Rice) Aastha Mayank Raheja