Recipe by: Aastha Mayank Raheja
Source: Family Recipe
- 200 g moong dal (soaked for 4-6 hrs, drained)
- 50 g chana dal
- 2 green-chillies, chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- 100 ml water
- 2 Tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 3-4 Tbsp vegetable oil/butter for frying
- 1” ginger-peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp garlic cloves,
- less than ¼ tsp hing (asafoetida)
- 4 Tbsp. coarsely grated paneer (farmers/curd cheese)
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- Combine ginger, garlic, chillies, salt, turmeric, dal (soaked and drained), chana dal, black pepper, salt and water together. Grind until smooth and beat well. Add coriander to the batter.
- For better results and taste, cover and chill for 1 hr then add soda.
- Heat and oil the pan. Fill the ladle with the batter and put into the pan.
- Sprinkle the filling ingredients and use to fill pancakes/moong dal cheela while on the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, flip and let it cook for 1-2 minutes until it is cooked.
- Serve hot.
Download PDF here (more photos are in the PDF): Indian Moong Dal Cheela Stuffed with Paneer Aastha Mayank Raheja