Recipe by: Genny Le Calvez Iskandar
Source: Family recipe
- 3 large sweet potatoes, chopped into large pieces
- 200ml milk
- 700ml water
- 4 Tbsp Gruyere cheese, grated
- Wonton wrappers (preferably round ones for presentation)
- Pea puree (refers to Pea soup recipe and reduce quantities to ¼ and liquid while blending)
Instructions Sweet potato
- Peel, wash and cut sweet potatoes then put in a pan. Add milk, water, pinch of salt and boil for about 15 minutes or till the potatoes are well cooked and soft.
- When boiled, drain the potatoes and mash them. Add the gruyere cheese into the potatoes and mix with a spoon till the cheese mixes in completely
- Set the potatoes aside to cool
- Take the wrappers and place 1 1/2 tsp of the mixture in the wrappers (the amount may differ depending upon the size of the wrapper)
- Fold it to make a semicircle shape and seal the ravioli with water. Make sure they are sealed properly so that they don’t spill the contents when they are boiled
- Just before serving, boil water and add olive oil and salt. Place the ravioli in the water and boil for few minutes till it float. Drain them.
- You can serve it on the Puree of Green Peas. Method is the same with Green pea soup only make it more concentrate (put less liquid when mixing the green pea)
Plating: Place the ravioli in the middle, take a spoon of puree and put around as circle, repeat with crème. Place peas around the circle.
Note: Instead of green pea you can also use pesto which may go along with the smoothness of sweet potatoes or with gorgonzola crème cheese.
Download PDF here: Sweet Potato Ravioli with Pea Puree Genny Le Valvez Iskandar