Recipe by: Tamlyn Kim
Source: family recipe
- 1 lettuce salad
- ½ carrot
- ¼ medium onion
- Sesame seeds
- 1 ½ Tbsp fish sauce or light soy sauce
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 small sprig leek, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 Tbsp hot pepper powder (Korean brand)
- Wash and drain lettuce. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Slice onion and julienne carrot finely. Set aside in iced water
- Combine the ingredients of the marinade in a large bowl
- Add lettuce, carrots and onions and mix it gently.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and a dash of sesame oil.
Download PDF here (ingredients photo are in the PDF): South Korean Sangchu Muchim (Spicy Lettuce Salad) Tamlyn Kim