Recipe by: Tamlyn Kim
Source: family recipe
- 800 g chicken with bone and skin, cut in pieces
- 1 potato
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- Green of 1 Chinese leek
- 6 garlic cloves (optional)
- 2 cups of water, approximatively
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp Korean hot pepper flakes
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp cooking wine/sake
- 1 tsp hot pepper paste
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Wash the chicken and cut into medium sized pieces
- Blanch the chicken in boiling water to remove excess fat and blood. Wash and drain.
- Cut potato, carrot and onion into medium sizes cubes. Slice the leek in diagonal
- Mix all the ingredients of the marinade in a small bowl.
- Put the chicken in a pan and cover with the 2 cups of water.
- When it starts to boil, add the garlic cloves, all the vegetables – except leek – and the marinade.
- Stir thoroughly and cook on medium heat for 30 min with a lid
- Add the sliced leek, turn off the heat and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Download PDF here (more photos are in the PDF): South Korean Dak Bokkeum Tang (Spicy Braised Chicken) Tamlyn Kim