Recipe by: Lana Yun
Source: family recipe
- 1 kg potatoes (Russet)
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- 250 g white bottom mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- 4 Tbsp of breadcrumbs
- Salt and Pepper
- Oil for pan frying
- Peel the potatoes, cut them half, add salt and water, boil until tender
- Mash it together with butter and egg yolk. Let it cool
- Clean the mushrooms and the onion, cut them in small cubes.
- Pan fry the onions and the mushroom, till mushroom water is been absorbed. Season.
- Make balls with the puree (plum size)
- Flatten it, put 1 tsp of the mushroom mixture and close the” balls” again
- Roll the flattened balls into the flour, then the egg white and finally the breadcrumbs
- Deep fry the potatoes in the hot oil.
Download PDF here (many more photos are in the PDF): Russian Mashed Potato Balls Lana Yun