Recipe by: Genny Le Calvez Iskandar
Source: Family recipe
Serve: 20 pieces
- 1 round puff pastry dough ready to use (“Marie” or “Herta”)
- 150 g Roquefort cheese
- 2 Tbsp of cottage cheese or thick crème to smoothen the Roquefort cheese
- 100 g walnuts, chopped
- Black pepper
- Egg yolk, for wash
- Mix together the cheese, cream and pepper till it is smooth
- Keep the pastry in the fridge (remove from the freezer the night before you intend to use) till you need to use it
- Lay out the pastry and spread the cheese mixture on the pastry. Try to leave a strip of pastry in the center without any cheese since it will spread when you roll (in case of pictures there was too much filling). Spread the chopped walnut evenly on the surface of the pastry.
- Roll the pastry from both sides and meet at the centre. Roll as tightly as possible and stick them together in the centre (if there is too much of cheese the roll will not seal). Cover with an egg yolk wash.
- Wrap in a baking sheet and place the roll in the fridge for 30 mins so that it becomes a little hard and easier to cut
- Preheat the oven at 180C/ 356 F
- Cut into small pieces (1/2 inch width) and place on a baking pan lined with baking paper. Work with a sharp knife and work quickly to prevent the roll falling apart
- Place the roll on the baking pan and bake for 6-10 mins. Keep an eye till they are light brownish and ready to betaken from the oven.
Note: Ideal as finger food or nibbles with bubbles or beer.
Download PDF here (more photos in the PDF): Mini Palm Puff Pastry with Roquefort and Walnuts Genny Le Valvez Iskandar