Recipe by: Genny Le Calvez Iskandar
Source: Family recipe
- 750 g frozen peas
- ½ cube chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, slice
- 1 litre boiling water
- 200ml crème, very cold
- 2 Tbsp of Roquefort cheese
- Heat the oil and fry the white onion till they sweat
- Add the frozen peas, continue for another 3 minutes
- Put chicken stock into hot water then pour into the pan/peas simmer for 12 to 15 minutes on low heat.
- Drain the peas and set the liquid aside. Blend the peas with a 150ml of the liquid, to get a rather thick consistency. Adding a little of liquid at a time, as you desire.
- If you want a finer soup, pass it through a strainer.
- Just before serving, beat the cold cream till it is stiff. Then add the Roquefort cheese that you have smoothen/blend together with a spoon of crème. Blend the whipped crème and Roquefort together delicately with spatula.
Download PDF here: Green Pea Soup with Whipped Roquefort Creme Genny Le Valvez Iskandar