Recipe by: Stephanie Maas
Source: Stephanie Maas
This Ganache works beautifully on cupcakes because it contains more chocolate than other classic recipes. The Ganache won’t ’shrink’ at room temperature.
- 1 part grams whipping cream
- 2 parts grams dark chocolate (70%)
Note: for covering 12 cupcakes (standard swirls, not too thick) use 200 g cream / 400 g chocolate
- Heat cream in a pot until simmering.
- Pour over the chocolate and let it stand for a minute.
- Mix carefully together until chocolate ganache becomes smooth and shiny.
- Cover with cling film and keep in the fridge overnight.
- Before using, remove the ganache from fridge and let it heat at room temperature till the ganache reaches spreadable consistency.
- You can also heat it in microwave (10-30 sec at a time depending on quantity)
Download PDF here (many more photos are in the PDF): French Chocolate Ganache Stephanie Maas