Recipe: Genny Le Calvez Iskandar
Source: Family recipe
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
- 1 small white cabbage
- 15 cherry tomato, chopped into halves
- Honey glazed chicken (available from cold storage/NTUC)
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1.5 Tbsp fish sauce
- 4 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Prawn/vegetable cracker baskets (optional)
- Peel the outer layers of the white cabbage to prepare cups to hold the salad. Prepare 8 such cups. Shred the remaining cabbage.
- Heat up the honey glazed chicken in the oven
- Prepare the dressing by mixing lemon, fish sauce, sweet chili sauce, lime, olive oil and salt. Mix thoroughly and taste. Adjust to your taste
- Mix together the red cabbage, white cabbage, shredded carrots and tomatoes.
- Just before serving, add the dressing to the salad and mix well.
- To serve, start with cabbage cups (or the cracker baskets) and put the salad on the cups. Top each cup with 2-4 pieces of chicken (depending upon the size) and top with some coriander leaves
- Serve immediately to prevent the crackers going soggy
Download PDF here (more photos are in this PDF): Cabbage Salad and Honey Glazed Chicken with Thai Dressing Genny Le Valvez Iskandar