Recipe by: Tania Nicaise
Makes 10 small glasses
Note: You can find Speculoos biscuits at Cold Storage and Fair Price (Lotus brand). I also bought artisanal ones at Fair Price (Delhaize). The Speculoos cream is sold at Mustafa or the candy shop at Vivocity (basement)
- 3 apples, Granny style
- 30 g butter
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 90 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 250 g mascarpone cream, room temperature
- 20 Speculoos biscuits (see note above on where to find)
- Speculoos cream for decoration (optional)
- Peel the apples and cut in small cubes.
- In a pan, melt the butter and gently stir fry the apples for 3 minutes.
- Add honey, sugar, cinnamon and mix well. Cook until caramelized.
- Drain the apples and keep the juices in the pan.
- Separate white from egg yolks
- Mix egg yolks with sugar until the color turns whitish.
- Add mascarpone and mix well.
- Beat the egg whites till firm peaks. Add in the mascarpone preparation.
- Crumble the biscuits (not too small), and mix them with the remaining juices in the pan.
- Put half the biscuits in 10 small glasses. Add half the mascarpone cream and one more layer of biscuits.
- Add the caramelized apples and the remaining mascarpone cream.
- Keep aside in the fridge for at least 4h.
- Sprinkle with a little cinnamon and warmed Speculoos cream (optional)
Download PDF here (many more photos are in the PDF): Belgian Speculoos Tiramisu, Caramelized Apples and Cinnamon Tania Nicaise