Recipe by: Tilly Brook
Source: Recreated Recipe of Tilly Brook from Donna Hay’s “The New Classics”
- 1 cup (175g) brown sugar
- ¾ cup (165g) white sugar
- 150 g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or essence
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- ½ cup hazelnut meal
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of baking powder, sifted
- 400 g of dark/white chocolate, chopped
Preheat oven to 160 C (356 F).
- Place brown and white sugars, butter and vanilla in an electric mixer and beat for 8-10mins until pale and creamy.
- Add egg and beat well until combined.
- Add the flour, hazelnut meal, baking powder and salt. Mix on a low speed until dough forms.
- Fold through chocolate.
- Roll a spoonful of the dough at a time into balls and flatten slightly.
- Place on baking trays lined with baking paper – make sure it allows room for spreading.
- Bake for 15-20 mins or until golden.
- Allow to cool on tray.
Download PDF here (more photos in this PDF) Australian Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies Tilly Brook