Recipe by: Stephanie Maas
Source: adapted from Magnolia Bakery’s Vanilla Cupcake
Makes 10 cupcakes
- 85 g self raising flour
- 70 g cake flour
- 113 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 170 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature (60gr each)
- ½ cup whole milk at room temperature
- ½ tsp good quality vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 175C (350 F)
- Line cupcake tin with cupcake papers
- Sieve flours together in a bowl (to avoid any lumps)
- In another bowl, add vanilla extract to the milk
- Use an electric mixer and beat butter and sugar until white and fluffy.
- Add eggs – one at a time – to the butter mixture, and mix until incorporated.
- Add the sifted flours in 3 times, alternating with the milk .
- Do not over mix, we want light and fluffy cupcakes!
- Pour 60 g of the cupcake mixture into each cupcake liner and bake for 20-25 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- Check with a tooth stick if it’s fully cooked and touch the top of cupcakes with your fingers to check consistency.
- The surface of cupcakes don’t have to be too golden brown – avoid a crust – since you will decorate them with buttercream/ganache/fondant.
Download PDF here (more photos in the PDF): American Vanilla Cupcakes Stephanie Maas