Recipe by: Penelope Black
Source: Penelope Black
Note: this recipe can be adapted to be made vegetarian if you adapt the filling
- 300g Banh Xeo flour mix (available at Thai supermarket at Golden Mile Complex)
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 400 ml water
- 2 sprigs of spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup cooked prawns, peeled and sliced lengthways
- 2 cups bean sprouts, blanched
- Thai Basil
- Lettuce leaves
- Combine all the ingredients for the batter and mix well to ensure no lumps. Rest for 30 mins.
- Heat a small frying pan with a little oil, and spoon over some enough batter to make a thin crepe.
- Top with cooked chicken, shrimp and blanched bean sprouts. Cover with lid to cook for 2-3 mins. When pancake is cooked and golden brown at the bottom, fold pancake into half and set aside on a plate. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve pancakes on a plate with Nuoc Cham dipping sauce, fresh lettuce leaves and herbs. Wrap pieces of the pancake with the lettuce and herbs, roll and serve.
- Eat with hands!
Download PDF here: Vietnamese Banh Xeo (Chicken & Prawn Crepes) Penelope Black