Recipe by: Tania Nicaise
Source: Carine restaurant’s recipe
- 750 ml fresh cream milk min 35%
- 250 ml whole milk
- Ingredient for infusion (zest from 1 orange or vanilla pod opened and grated, coffee beans, mint or basil leaves, pandan leaves….)
- 200 g caster sugar + to cover the top of the cream
- 9 egg yolks (60 g)
- Heat the cream and the milk with the infusion’s ingredient until boiling point.
- Let it cool down and infuse for at least 2 hours (overnight for a strong taste)
Preheat the oven 180 C (350 F)
- Reheat the milk to warm temperature
- Mix the egg yolks with the sugar
- Strain the milk and add in the eggs mixture. Stir well
- Pour the mixture in small ramekins and cook in a bain-marie (double boiling) in the oven at 160 C (320 F) for 40 mins.
- Check time to time the level of water and add more if necessary.
- Remove the ramekins from oven and let it cool. Once cold, keep them in the fridge.
- Put the equivalent of 1 Tbsp of caster sugar on top of each ramekin.
- Burn with a torch.
Note: You can keep these crème brûlée up to 3 days in the fridge.
Download PDF here (many more photos are in the PDF): French Creme Brulee Tania Nicaise