Recipe by: Mariya Jeevunjee
Source: Home recipe
Eat with the string hopper pulao (separate recipe)
- 2 oz (~60 g) mint leaves
- 8-10 peppercorns
- 1-2 oz (~30-60 g) onions chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp grated coconut
- salt and lime juice to taste
- Wash and drain the mint leaves.
- Roast the coconut, garlic and onions lightly.
- Grind the above with the remaining ingredients into a smooth paste. Season with lime and salt. Roll into small balls and serve on a plate.
- Eat with the string hopper pulao.
Download PDF here: Sri Lankan Mint Sambol Mariya Jeevunjee