Recipe by: Mariya Jeevunjee
Source: Home recipe
Makes 25 cutlets
Eat with ketchup or chili sauce
- 1 can of salmon (or mackerel), drained
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 2 large boiled potatoes (mashed up)
- 20 curry leaves
- 1 -2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 200 g bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- oil for deep frying
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a shallow pan and sauté the onions, green chilies and curry leaves until light brown. Set aside.
- Flake the fish and add to pan. Stir fry for 4-5 minutes. Remove from fire and transfer to a bowl. Add in the mashed potatoes and combine with pepper, salt and lime juice.
- Shape mixture into 4-5 cm diameter balls. Dip in egg batter and crumb with bread crumbs.
- Deep fry until golden brown. Remove from pan and place in a plate lined with paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot. Eat with ketchup or chili sauce
Download PDF here (more photos are in the PDF): Sri Lankan Fish Cutlets Mariya Jeevunjee