Recipe by: Sweety Kiran
Source: “Prashad – Cooking with Indian Masters” book by J. Kalra, Pradeep D. Gupta
- 10-12 large prawns with tail, uncooked
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp roasted gram (chickpea) flour
- 1.5 Tbsp hung yogurt
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin powder
- Black salt (or sea salt) to taste
- ½ tsp carom seeds
- 1-2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Mix all the ingredients except the oil and marinate the prawns for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan, brush with oil and grill the prawns for a minute on each side.
- To obtain a more grilled look, put each prawn directly to the fire for 15-30 seconds.
- Garnish with salad of your choice and chutney.
- Serve hot.
Note: to obtain hung yogurt, wrap it in muslin cloth and hang it for half an hour to remove excess water.
Download PDF here (more photos are in this PDF): Indian Tandoori Prawns Sweety Kiran