Recipe by: Lana Yun
Source: family recipe
Makes: approximately 4 liters
- 15 apricots
- 4 cups of cherries or dried fruits
- 2 cups of blueberries
- ¾ cup of sugar, or to taste
- 16 cups of water
- Bring water to a boil
- Meanwhile, wash all the fruits and cut the apricots in half and remove the pits if you are using fresh ones
- When the water starts to boil, add the fruits and bring back water to boil
- Switch heat to medium and let the mixture boil for 30 min uncovered
- Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Mix carefully.
- Let Kompot cool completely, strain off the juice and refrigerate.
- Serve chilled
Note: you can also use fresh plums and apples instead of apricots. And use dried apricots and raisins or other dried fruits. The juice can be served in a big jar with all the fruits, T-punch alike.
Download PDF here: Russian Kompot (Homemade Juice) Lana Yun