Recipe by: Ha Aronson
Source: family recipe
Serves: 4-5 (20 pieces)
Serve with dipping sauce, a separate recipe on this blog
- 1 lb (450 g) ground pork
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1-1 ½ tsp fish sauce (Knight brand)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 small brown (or red) onion, diced
- 1 cup glass cut noodles, cut small
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- A couple pieces of dried ear mushroom
- Rice Paper
- 1 egg yolk (used to seal the rolls)
- Cooking oil
- Marinade ground pork with black pepper and fish sauce for 10 minutes
- In large bowl, mix all the filling ingredients together using hands.
- Use sprayer to moisten the rice paper on both sides to make it soft, but not too soft or it might tear.
- Put 2 Tbsp of the mixed ingredients into each sheet of rice paper and roll it nicely. Roll the end over two times. Then fold in the sides and continue to roll. After you finish rolling, heat a pan with enough oil to cover a little less than half of the spring rolls.
- Once oil is hot, put the spring rolls in the pan. Continue to flip and turn the spring rolls until they are golden brown on both sides.
- Place the cooked spring rolls on a plate with paper towels to absorb the oil and let sit until cool.
- Serve with dipping sauce (recipe separate)
Download PDF here (more photos in the PDF): Vietnamese Nem (Fried Spring Rolls) Ha Aronson