Recipe by: Sandhya Puri
Source: family recipe
- 2 large potatoes, peeled
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp Chat Masala (a spice mix)
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 1 Tbsp oil (olive, vegetable) / ghee
- Salt, to taste
- Cut the potatoes into ¼ cm discs. Keep the thickness as consistent as possible
- In a bowl sprinkle the potatoes with salt and set aside for 5 minutes
- In a flat pan, heat the oil on a low flame. Put the potatoes on the pan, dipping them in the oil and creating a single layer of potatoes
- Cook the potatoes on a low flame for 5-7 minutes till they start to brown. Flip them over and cook the other side till it is brown.
- With a fork, prick the potatoes to check if they are fully cooked.
- Once all of them are done, sprinkle the chili powder, chat masala and coriander powder on the potatoes and mix
- Serve hot
Download PDF here (more photos are in this PDF): Indian Fried Potatoes Sandhya Puri