Recipe by: Tanya Watts
Source: adapted from Donna Hay magazine
Makes ~25 pieces
Note these are baked not fried
- 2 ½ (375 g) cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 250 g unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup (130 g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (175 g) maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- 6 red apples, peeled and grated
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon, extra
- ½ cup (110 g) caster sugar
Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F)
- Thoroughly grease the insides of a one-cup capacity mini Bundt pan (alternatively use a muffin pan).
- Sift flour and cinnamon in a large bowl. Then stir in butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, eggs and apple and mix well to combine. Spoon or pipe into the Bundt tins.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and straight away turn onto a wire rack.
- Stir the extra cinnamon and sugar together in a bowl, then dredge each cake in the sugar mix and return to wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Download PDF here (more photos in this PDF): Australian Cinnamon Sugar Coated Maple Apple Cakes Tanya Watts