Recipe by: Sibel Cinar
Source: Family Recipe
Serves: 6 – 8
- 1 cup green lentils
- 2 cups bulgur wheat
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter + 2-3 Tbsp butter, melted until slightly brownish
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Put the green lentils in a pot, add some water, and boil until lentils soften (10-15 min).
- Add olive oil and butter to a pan; when the butter is melted, add bulgur and rinsed green lentils. Stir for 2-3 min, then pour in the hot water, add the salt and stir the mixture well for a minute.
- Cover with the lid, bring it to high heat for 4-5 min, then reduce the heat to medium; simmer until all the liquid has been completely absorbed (around 10 min)
- Let it rest for 5-10 min. Before you serve, pour the melted butter over the bulgur and mix well
- Serve hot to warm
Download PDF here: Turkish Bulgur Pilaf with Green Lentils – Sibel Cinar