Recipe by: Magdalena Sanguinetti
Source: A friend of Magdalena
Keeps well in the freezer
- 180 g sugar
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 5 Tbsp 100% chocolate powder
- 150 g small “Marie” biscuits (see photo in PDF)
- Crush the biscuits in a large bowl. Each piece should be not bigger than 1.5 cm. Set aside.
- Cut the butter into chunks and melt it in a small pot under low fire.
- Once butter melted, add in the sugar. Stir until sugar grains are less visible (5-10 mins).
- Remove pot from fire. Add in chocolate powder and eggs, stirring to avoid lumps.
- Add crushed cookies into the mix. All cookies must be covered by the chocolate mix. Set aside.
- Cover countertop with a double 70-cm cling wrap piece. Distribute the paste evenly, lengthwise (spreading for 25-30cm) and centered in length and width.
- Roll the nylon film lengthwise. Tighten film to remove any air in the paste.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Cut 1.5cm wide slices and peel the cling wrap. Serve chilled.
Download PDF here: Chocolate Salami Magdalena Sanguinetti