Recipe by: Eunie Tan
Source: Same-Same Thai Cookery School, Koh Phangan
- 2 boneless chicken breast
- 1 fresh red chilli, cut in big chunks
- 4-5 Thai eggplant, cut into 4 to 6 wedges (depending on size)
- 2 fresh (or 2 dried) kaffir lime
leaves, stalks removed
- 1 carrot, thick slices
- ⅔ chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 packet baby corn, cut in half lengthways (into quarters for
large baby corn)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 5 snake beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- Sweet basil leaves
- ½ tsp sugar to taste
- Green Curry paste (see Eunie’s recipe)
- 1 Tbsp veg oil
- Cut chili lengthways and remove seeds and cut into big pieces.
- Remove the stem from the kaffir lime leaves and cut into small pieces.
- Cut the chicken breast in half lengthways and then cut crosswise into pieces 1 cm thick.
- Heat the oil in the wok and stir-fry green curry paste with kaffir lime leaves until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and stir to combine with paste – about 30 seconds.
- Add stock, eggplant and chili. Once the stock is simmering add the rest of the vegetables.
- Pour in the coconut milk, stirring to combine. Bring to the simmer. Add fish sauce and sugar and cook until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the basil and remove from heat and serve.
Download PDF here: Thai Green Chicken Curry Eunie Tan