Recipe by: Melinda Walley
Source: Family recipe
- 2 large leeks , sliced & washed
- 4 large potatoes (approx 800g), peeled and cubed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 200 ml Lite thickened cream
- 4-5 large Portobello or field mushrooms
- 500g chicken breast fillet
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- grated parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley
- Gently poach the whole chicken breast until cooked (approx 12-15 minutes) in 2 cups of chicken stock, reserve remaining stock for later use. Roughly chop the chicken once cooked.
- Thickly slice mushrooms and sauté in butter in a pan. Set aside.
- Sauté leeks in butter & garlic until soft (in the pot for cooking the soup).
- Add potatoes to the leeks then add all chicken stock and simmer until cooked.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Blend until smooth, add cream, add mushroom and roughly chopped chicken, stir.
- Serve the soup in a bowl and garnish with grated parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
* Can be kept in the fridge for a few days (soup will thicken).
Download PDF here: Australian Leek and Potato Soup with Mushroom and Cream by Melinda Walley