Recipe by: Sandy Lo
Source: Pok Pok by Andy Ricker
Salty-Sweet Coconut Cream
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut cream (preferably boxed)
- 1 ½ Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 fresh or frozen pandan leaf, tied in a knot (optional)
Sweet Sticky Rice
- 2 ½ cups uncooked Thai glutinous rice, soaked in water to cover, for 2 hrs or overnight
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut cream
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 fresh or frozen pandan leaf, tied in a knot
- 3 large ripe Thai mangoes, peeled
- ~ 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
Make the Salty-Sweet Coconut Cream Topping
- Combine the 2 cups coconut cream, sugar and salt in a small pot. Add the pandan leaf.
- Set the pot over high heat, bring mixture to simmer (don’t let it boil), then decrease heat to low.
- Cover and cook until cream has thickened slightly and is infused with pandan flavor, about 10 min.
- Remove and discard the pandan leaf.
- Cover the cream keeps at room temp for up to 2 hours.
Download PDF here: Thai Mango and Coconut Sticky Rice_Sandy Lo