Recipe by: Jocelyn Alexander
Source: Delia Smith “Happy Christmas”
Super tasty with pre-dinner drinks
Makes about 30 biscuits
- 15 g shelled, unsalted pistachio nuts
- 40 g strong white flour, sifted
- 40 g unsalted butter, diced
- 40 g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop the pistachio nuts in a mini chopper quite small.
- Mix them with all the remaining ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Rub the ingredients together until the mixture starts to form fairly large clumps, then press the mixture against the side of the bowl to bring it together.
- Transfer the dough to a board and knead lightly.
- Roll into a sausage shape about 18 cm long.
- Wrap and chill in the freezer for 30 mins.
Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F)
- Slice the chilled log into discs about 5 mm wide and spread them out on the baking sheet.
- Pop them in the oven on the centre shelf and bake for 13–15 mins, until they start to go golden around the edges.
- When they are cooked, transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight tin!!!
Download recipe here: British Pistachio Sables Jocelyn Alexander