Recipe by: Klara Vandenabeele
Source: Family recipe
A traditional family meal. Serve with nokedli or pasta
- 2.5 – 3kg beef
- 3 onions
- 20g salt
- 30g paprika powder
- 20g pepper
- 10g cumin
- Vegetable oil
- Peel the onions and cut into cubes.
- Cut the beef into cubes.
- In a large saucepan, fry the onion with the oil.
- Remove the saucepan from heat, add the paprika and stir. Add the beef and put back on the stove and add the salt, pepper and cumin.
- Once the meat cubes are sealed, add enough water to mostly cover the beef (see picture) and simmer on a medium heat.
- Cook until the meat is tender, 2 to 2 ½ hours. Check the water level frequently and do not hesitate to add water several times to ensure the beef remains covered.
Download PDF here: Hungarian Pörkölt (Goulash) Klara Vandenabeele