Recipe by: Klara Vandenabeele
Source: Family recipe
Serves: 6 (make a light version by leaving out the cream)
This is the dish the future mother-in-law cooks to impress her future son-in-law so he will marry her daughter.
- 1.5 – 2 litres of water
- 1 onion
- ½ to 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 3 carrots
- 100g mushrooms sliced
- 300g chicken breast cubed
- 200g chicken liver (can leave out if you dislike liver but the flavour is richer with it)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh dill to garnish
- 200ml cream (cooking
cream or sour cream)
- Peel onion and chop finely. Peel the carrots and cut into sticks.
- Fry the onion in the oil for 5 minutes or until soft, add the chicken breast, cook until sealed, then add the tomato paste, carrots and mushrooms.
- Pour in the water and add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 10 to 20 minutes and then add the chicken liver and lemon and cook until the liver is done.
- Optional for a creamier soup – remove approximately ¼ cup of water from the soup and mix with the cream and pour it back into the soup.
- Add the dill to serve.
Download PDF Here: Hungarian Legenyfogo Leves Soup Klara Vandenabeele