Recipe by: Christina Rebano
Source: Family recipe (Christina’s Mom’s recipe)
- 10-15 pandan leaves*
- 3 packs gelatin (Alsa), green
- 3 coconuts – separate the juice from the meat (coconut meat can be in strips or can be in cubes)*
- 500 g Nestle Cream
- 125 ml sweetened condensed milk
Instructions (Pandan Gelatin Cubes)
- Boil the pandan leaves in 3 cups of water for 8-10 mins.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve 3 packs of Alsa to 2 1/4 cups of coconut juice. Stir well until all the particles have dissolved.
- Put in a pot then add 2 1/4 cups of liquid from the boiled pandan. (Discard pandan leaves and any extra juice.)
- Bring the mixture to a boil while constantly stirring it in medium fire.
- Once it boils, just continue moving the liquid around until you see the sides of the pot with some solid formations of jelly. This means that it is ready.
- Pour the mixture into a container, and leave for 20-30 mins. When you are pouring the liquid, please make sure that it is not higher than 2.5 inches as it will take time for it to harden.
- Once the gelatin hardens, you can slice them into small cubes.
Download PDF here: Filipino Buko Pandan (Pandan Coconut Dessert) Christina Rebano