Recipe by: Dulce Legerstee
Source: Family recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp butter, softened
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 egg white
Preheat an oven to 175 C (350 F).
- Mix the sugar, coconut, and butter in a bowl.
- Stir in the egg yolks and the egg white. Beat until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 inch pie plate or into small moulds .
- Place the pie plate / small moulds in a large roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water into the bottom of the roasting pan to reach about half-way up the side of the pie plate (double boiler).
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown on top, about 30 mins.
- Allow to cool completely before turning out onto a serving dish.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Download PDF here: Brazilian Quindins (Coconut Sweet) Dulce Legerstee