Recipe by: Dulce Legerstee
Source: Family recipe
- 250 g tapioca pearls (sago)
- 1/2 litre milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 200 g shredded coconut (or grate a coconut yourself, better)
- Sweetened condensed milk (optional, to pour on top), see photo
- Boil the milk in a saucepan and add the sugar.
- Turn off the heat and add the coconut milk and grated coconut.
- Pour the tapioca into a rectangular dish (see photo).
- Add the hot milk into the plate where tapioca is.
- Stir well until the hot milk has turned all the grains soft.
- Cover the dish and stir after 3 minutes.
- After about 20 mins, your “cuscuz” will get some consistency.
- Sprinkle the shredded coconut on the top and place it into the fridge 1-2 hours.
- Drizzle with some sweetened condensed milk.
- Bon appétit!
Download PDF here: Brazilian Cuscuz Brasileiro (Tapioca Coconut Dessert) Dulce Legerstee